Long considered to be the finest among teas in Japan, Gyokuro tea leaves are covered with special nets 20 days before the spring harvest. The result is a more concentrated "umami" and higher levels of L-Theanine, responsible for increased mental clarity and focus.
Additional Steeping Instructions
How to prepare the perfect cup of our Premium Gyokuro:
1) Prepare to boil 200ml spring or purified water in a pot.
2) When the water temperature reaches 50 degrees Celsius or just about lukewarm, remove from the stove top.
3) Scoop one (1) Tablespoon of Gyokuro tea leaves and put in the teapot.
4) Pour water into the pot and let the leaves infuse for two minutes. You can adjust infusion time length when you re-steep, according to your preference. The longer you steep, the stronger the brew will be.
5) The first infusion is the finest so savor it!
Note: High quality teas like this one can be steeped for several more times. Please do not leave the tea leaves steeped in water. Remove it as soon as infusion is done to stop the brewing process. Of course, if you like your tea strong, you can steep it longer. Now, hold your cup and enjoy your perfect cup of tea!